Friday, July 26, 2013

Setting the mind right


To lose weight is not an easy task. There is a world of diet options on the market and it is very hard not to get confused about which would be the right one. I am not a nutritionist or a doctor; I am just sharing my personal experiences, and what worked for me.

As I said in the previous post I never considered myself a diet-friendly person, just because I like eating so much and I like to eat all different kinds of foods. So if anything was going to work, it had to be a diet, which allowed me to eat and not starve throughout half the day. After all I still had to go to work, run errands, and fulfill my daily tasks. And it is hard to keep up with everything when you are always hungry. Not to mention the mood you’re in.

Therefore it is important that before starting any diet you set our mind right.


Step 1: Find a diet-program that fits your needs

Ask yourself this: “When am I successful and why?”
My personal answer is: I am successful when I have a goal in mind and a strategy that gets me there. That’s when I am most committed and disciplined to accomplish the different tasks, and overcome the obstacles that I will encounter along the way. I stick to my plan, no matter what until I reach my goal.

I guess that is why “Quita Kilos” worked for me so well. I had a varied menu-plan with five meals a day and weekly goals, which gradually got me to my final goal. My weekly achievements were basically to lose weight even if it were as little as 4 oz and to attend the weekly meetings. The latter were a huge help and kept me motivated not to slump, to say no to those potato chips for another day or two, to just keep going. It happened to me in several occasions that I had decided if the scale would show fewer pounds at the end of the week I would treat myself with some kind of junk-snack.  The cravings and temptations are of course there. However after I would get out of the meeting, I was ready to go for another week without it.

You don’t have to do a diet all by yourself. Even if you are the only one who is losing weight. But if you want to be successful, especially in times when you need some extra motivation to go on, you need people who support and challenge you. It can be your diet-coach, your family and friends, workmates… Actually the more people know that you are on a diet, the more help you get and the more you’ll feel compromised with following trough. Most of the people will support you.  Letting you know that you already look skinnier, or that they are really proud of your will-power, that they admire your discipline etc.

Stay close for the next steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment